Monday, August 2, 2010

Gifts from the Left

Our summer vacations went in the same direction but to two different places this year. Jayne headed out to Santa Rosa for job training and I headed out to Phoenix to visit my sister. When we got home, we presented each other with gifts along the same theme!
While in Cave Creek, AZ, I went to the Town Dump and bought Jayne a new sunburst for our backyard fence. We have a small collection started and seem to have a fondness for sunbursts like the ones seen on Sunday Morning.


   While in Sonoma, CA, Jayne bought me  a print by Thomas Patrick from Red Wolf Gallery. Its theme combines two of my favorite things perfectly: coffee and sunflowers. This print is called "Coffee Sunrise".  

So while my gift game from a gallery and her gift came from the town dump, the sentiment was the same:

...you are my sunshine, my only sunshine....

No comments: