Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Granny Saw the Moon




This is Granny, who will be 91 years old on September 11th, 2007. She saw the lunar eclipse last week, and explained to me how in awe she was and how totally thrilled she was to have seen it:

"Mind you, I have seen this type of thing many times before, but this time, this time - somehow it was different and I don't know why. I was leaving the wild game dinner and heading to my car in the parking lot, when all of the sudden, I noticed the moon. It stopped me in my tracks and I watched the entire total eclipse. It was stunning. And, would you believe not one other person was in the parking lot the whole time??! I wanted someone to come out and see it with me! Once it passed, I just stood there. Finally, a couple came out into the parking lot and I told them to wait just a minute so they could see it go back, but the sky remained dark. Then, it started to unfold and what a sight it was. I'm so glad I went to the wild game dinner even if there was no rabbit to try. If not, I never would have peeked out my window at home to see this awesome sight. And, I've seen the eclipse before, but this one was special and I just don't know why."

Michigan moon shines
an eclipse in Granny's eyes -
open wide in awe

No comments: