Friday, June 22, 2007

Fifty Pounds Of......




Losing weight is an expensive venture. One reason, is you find yourself spending more money on better nutrition; fresh veggies and fruit, leaner cuts of meat, whole grain breads and cereals. Do you remember the last time you saw a coupon for .50 cents off a head of broccoli, or a whole melon or a bag of apples? Have you seen any coupons lately for fresh salmon or tilapia? If you look at the weekly coupons in the Sunday paper, you'll notice they're mostly for food like .75 cents off a 5 pound bag of sugar, and that you won't find on the shopping list of someone who has committed to a lifestyle of healthier eating.

Buying new clothing is also an expense, unless I decide have my old clothing altered, but, there's no fun in celebrating a new body with old clothes. Besides, who gets their underware altered? I still have about 45 more pounds to lose, so why bother buying new clothing when they'll look like I'm wearing sacks of potatoes by then, anyway.

Speaking of sacks, today, I reached my fifty-pound goal. Imagine lifting a 50 lb sack of potatoes, or a 50 lb sack of sugar or flour. How about a 50 lb bag of dog food, or a 50 lb container of kitty litter. That's how much I've lost. If I were to carry those sacks up my steps, I'd be winded. Come to think of it, I used to carry those sacks up my steps, only in the form of fat on my body. That 50 pounds is the equivalent of 200 sticks of butter, and at $4.99 a pound, I've lost $250 worth of butter!


If that were a 50 lb sack of Hawaiian coffee, at $30 a pound, I've lost $1500 in coffee beans!

There are approximately 454 dollar bills to a pound! That means I've lost $22,700!


The cost of weight loss is well worth its value. Don't you think?

No comments: