Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Sunset Treat


Tonight was one of those Florida nights when the breeze had a bit of coolness to it and the humidity was almost absent. It's when you wish every night was just as like this one. As the sun was setting, casting a pinkish glow, and the moon was settling in for a watchful night, a bat scurried across the sky and an owl decided to visit my yard. If you listen carefully in my neighborhood, you can hear the "who-who-who" bantering calls of owls. While chatting with my friend and neighbor, Karen, who has experienced lots of owl-sightings in her yard, one landed on my phone wire above my bedroom window. She just happened to have her camera handy and snapped a few shots of one of our neighborhood owls.

Barred Owls I think this is probably a Barred Owl. If you click on the link, you can hear who was calling at my bedroom window on a glorious summer night at sunset.

No comments: